Saturday, April 16, 2011

PC Thomas at Thrissur: An Experience of A Lifetime!

April 1 to May 7 2010

          Well, to say  this is my story will be totally untrue. It was my dream to get into a prestigious institution like PC-Thomas' Entrance Coaching Centre. Well, I didn't go alone.  I had my 6 friends with me.
          Before actually starting this story let me tell you what this story is not about. It's not a guide which will help you get through an insti. On the contrary, it's a story which will tell you how screwed up your vacation could get if you don't think straight. I expect Vishnu, Gokul, Maamu, Kv, Aditya and Sibin, -- all  psychos -- to kill me after they get to know this, but this is my version of the story and all of them cannot write for nuts. So, this is my shot....
          After our English board exam, we came to know that we were selected for the one month bridge course along with 600 students from all parts of India and Dubai in PC-Thomas Institute at Trissur. You could tell that we were excited....  Imagine 45 days of pure fun, pure enjoyment, being out of control and beyond all use... that was our dream.
          We had seven days after our board exams before we went to PC's. Well to say, we had lots of shopping to do. Seven days went like....boom! It was the first time for me to travel in a train with that psycho friend of mine, Gokul. He is just sweet and you just have to like him -- non-muscular body, stunning specs, pimple-prone face and a cute smile. That was him. Taller than me and fat too. We, along with our family, had set out for the three hours trip to Thrissur . Yeah, the travel went well. We reached the Thrissur railway station 2 km away from the jail (PC's). I had trouble at the railway station because my father was busy calling an auto. So I wondered whether it looked awkward, with Goku's family being silent. Anyway we got an auto and reached a sub centre where we needed to register our names. Aditya (Pallan) was there with his mom and we were later joined by Maamu (Nihal ma), Sibin, Kv, and Vishnu. It was nice to see our parents together. 
          We were taken to the real jail, Elamturuthi Centre.  Dude! You should have been there. We had a test next morning and the nerds there had already started studying. 'C'mon,' I said. Goku was really angry at those nerds. We got our beds together in the dorm. Vishnu and I were separated by a Thrissur-Praveen. Goku, Sibin and Kv got parallel beds, while Maamu and Aditya got theirs together. 
           Our parents then left. We were alone for ourselves now. "I thought we could go out!" shouted one of the boys from the non-nerd department. *slap* Augh! The warden had a tough hand! He went weeping. Now I was terrified, Vishnu almost cried while macho-Kv got angry, but could do nothing,  And the food... My god! They gave no value to taste buds.
     Then we had to sleep and horror waited for us the next day. . . .

To read the second thread of this entry, please click:
PC Thomas at Thrissur: An Experience of A Lifetime! 2nd Part

23 comments:

Sachin P said...

heard a lot about this from my frnds! :) and i'm waitin for the next thread..! :)

Blog Admin said...

Enlighten the ignorant, please. Why do students need to go through such entrance coaching? We don't have such thing in my country and I have not asked anybody from school either. What happens in the class?

Sachin P said...

well i think parents send their children there because they want their children to score good marks! but i don't believe studying there can make a difference because u would be admitted there only if u have excellent marks and such students would definitely study well and get good marks even if they aren't studying in PC's institute! and forcing students to learn every time time would be a source of stress! i heard they rarely get breaks! for argument sake people say.. "u need to learn to cope up with pressures in life" but at this age(teenage) forcing children would make it difficult for them to cope with it, because they already have the pressures that the so called "teenage" has brought to them!

Aswin krishna said...

thanxx...4 de cmnts...im really lukin 4ward 4 sm encragmnt like dis...n dis will support me in ma new...thread...it'll b out soon...im wrkin on it..

nihal said...

aswin~~~~ u smply rock man!!!!!
i ddn xpct this 4m u>!!
words dont xplain!!!!!]\\

Aswin krishna said...

thanxx...da, bt i think it will luk gud if i post ma new thread as a new post as said by mellannie maam, so it will luk like a serial.wat do ya think??

Sachin P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sachin P said...

this is really interesting! go on and post the next thread! :)

Aswin krishna said...

so hi readers....this is gettin interestin than i thought....thanxxx 4 de response...im wrkin on ma new thread....

Amita Govindraj said...

It's pretty good, IMO. I've VERY often heard that PC was hard, so when I saw this for the first time, I'm like "gee, poor guy". >.<
Good luck with your future posts! =D

Aswin krishna said...

thanxx......more cmnts encourage me a lot......i really ap[reciate responses...

Unknown said...

I was a student of this institution and pursued the same course. Bridge Course 2011. But i vacated after 10 days. The word humane cannot be seen anywhere near the place. You are very lucky to have some friends with you while I had to make new friends there. You cannot talk. You cannot sleep and you cant be you.I had enough.So I quit. Anyway I am eagerly waiting for your next thread.

Amita Govindraj said...

Heyy! You actually made your own blog? Good for you!

Aswin krishna said...

yeah..thnx..for the cmnts,....ma second thread is seperated frm fst...n im wrkin on ma third....

Amita Govindraj said...

I have a question. When you're typing all this, are you in PC, or at home after the classes? I'm curious.

Also, you got an outsider to the blog(?)! Awesome! :O

Blog Admin said...

Amita, it was last year's PC Thomas' entrance coaching.:)

Amita Govindraj said...

Ohh...Riight...2010 was LAST year...
I'm still not used to the fact that it's 2011.
-___-

Aswin krishna said...

k......its nyc to hear dat ma readers r still in 2010.....
n..b curious.....its like...it'll make ma nxt thread more exciting..

Aswin krishna said...

nxt thread will b released tmrw....

Ms.Lini K Gopalan said...

Hi,Aswin.u knw i remembered my childhood days,wn my parents insisted to go 4 entrance.I wanted to be myself and today i hope am happy with what i am.As long as u r ready to accept and workhard,u can go ,otherwise may lose what ur!

Chithira said...

hm..well i really hv a doubt ..is PC really good...i am going there..i wanted to knw wethr it wud be nice!!

Anonymous said...

the thread more or less looks like copied from that from one of chetan bhagats books.............with the words changed of course!!

pranav said...

Hey guys could you help me out,
I'm going to PC's hostel next year for coaching classes in the evening.
Just wanted to know, Are mobiles allowed in the hostel?