Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Girl In My Dreams

There's one person who's always on my mind...
24x7, in class, when I'm with friends, 
when I'm taking a bath, 
when I'm trying to get some sleep, 
when I'm supposed to do my homework.
That person's always there.

But she doesn't exist. 
And I have to keep dreaming, in vain.
That is the life of this soul, oscillating between reality and fantasy.
Devotion to a being that doesn't exist, 
obsession with a person who I'll never meet.
Perhaps that is what I am, and will continue to be, a 
hopeless dreamer...

When I pick up my pencil, my hand immediately draws her face,
When I erase, I lose a part of myself in it.
I write, and the first word that appears on the paper, is her name.

The bell rings for the interval, she walks into my mind.
I forget everything, and she's all that's left.
I try to think of another, but that name echoes on.
She's sitting here, she's standing there.

In times of crisis, I look to her, asking, "What would you do?"
She tells me an answer, and I take the plunge
If it's right, I thank her.
If it's wrong, I blame my incompetence.

Is that the path of a dreamer, Or that of a lonely soul?
The last light in this world of fear, or a place for the lazy to go?
Will this become something worthwhile, or merely confuse?
Is this what hope is, or a mere illusion for fools?

10 comments:

Sachin P said...

First of all, I was wondering what the entry would be about when I saw the title. I must appreciate you for you've found time for yourself to think so deep into you! A very interesting entry i must say.. and keep up this good work and please do post more entries.. this is making me think a lot! thank you for that! :)

Amita Govindraj said...

Thanks!

Yeah. Ive been thinking like that since Mellanie ma'am's classes in eighth!
Also, I do post every now and then, it's nice to be part of a blog. :)

You're welcome. =)

Blog Admin said...

We do oscillate between fantasy and reality all the time. It's a normal phenomenon of the psyche, I must say. I think it happens because we continuously are on a journey towards finding the truth about ourselves, about who we truly are and what we are to become. Most of the time, the fantasy is the DREAM of the LONELY SOUL wanting to find that missing part within -- the other part which longs to find full expression in one's reality of life.

Congratulations! I don't need to post reflection questions for you to ponder. You are doing that yourself!

Amita Govindraj said...

*tadadaDAdada TAtatAA!!!* (Final Fantasy victory theme

Yeah, I ponder a *lot*. =D

Blog Admin said...

Final Fantasy.... I was thinking of Final Destination movie. Hmmm....

Amita Govindraj said...

Ahh, I miss dissidia now. It's nothing like Final Destination. It's much...nicer. And I learned a lot from it.
I think I could write a whole paragraph on why I liked Dissidia...

Blog Admin said...

I think I watched Final Fantasy before. You got me interested. Will check on it.

Amita Govindraj said...

lol, Final fantasy is mainly a videogame franchise (?) though I've heard of anime and a movie of one or two...

Alok Mohan said...

wow Amita this is one of your best! Keep up the good work..

Amita Govindraj said...

Thanks Alok!

I've got a little something to post after this, but I haven't found a good picture for it, and the terms of image use from the net is a bit scary. >.<