Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Summer Vacation

By: Anvita Sreekanth
Class III B

Another long summer vacation is over and it's back to school again. I am sure you all would have enjoyed your vacation. Well, I am here to tell you how I enjoyed mine.
I feel lucky to have many cousins who visit us every year. This year too was the same. We form a big gang of 9 children.
In the mornings we used to play indoor games like ludo, snakes and ladders and scrabble. In the evenings it used to be badminton, cricket, hide and seek and so many other games. It was so much fun when all of us used to ride our bicycles together.
One day, our parents took us to the Kappad Beach. Oh! It was so much fun. We spent hours playing in the waves. We even built a beautiful sand castle.
Two months were filled with games and laughter. Of course, we used to have our small silly fights but we used to get over it really fast.
I was indeed sad when my cousins left. But we promised to meet during the next summer vacation and have even more fun.
So with all those wonderful memories, I start another year at school. I am sure you all are looking forward for the next vacation. So am I. But before that let's work hard and do well in our studies, so that we can enjoy the vacation better.

This was Anvita's speech in today's Pravesanotsav.

No comments: