Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Change the method and grab the sucess!

It was in December when I started to change the method of learning in my classes. I chose two sections of students, Classes V A and V B, to apply an easy learning method.

The students of both sections were given 5 questions and were asked to learn each question, write the answer in their own words and get their work attested by their parents. The students of VB were regular in writing and learning and they got their work signed by their parents.

Everyday, I made sure that I would spend time to check their papers.  To my surprise, out of 43 students, 31 students got above 43 out of 50. My amazement did not stop there. Six students who always got average marks, got above 43/50. I wish to congratulate them and express my appreciation. They are the following: Sreeram, Jovel, Johnson, Anikaanandan, Dhanush, Vijay, Amala and Joseph .

The result did not only give me happiness but also self-fulfillment as a teacher.  If I can change one student and make him/her learn better, it's a great success for me. This success is also attributed to the children's willingness to change the methods of their study in order to grab the success.

No comments: