Saturday, March 19, 2011

Beware: Students on the watch!

It was on a weekend when I went to Calicut beach. The beach was actually beautiful with its neon lights, flute music, flying kites, and of course families, friends, lovers and teens, enjoying each other's company.

I was walking on the shore watching the different scenes at the beach. In one corner, I saw hot dishes like red chilies, tomatoes, green peas, egg fry, etc. being sold. My tongue started to raise its taste buds and I, too wanted to enjoy the colorful, mouthwatering, mix masala dish!

I gave Rs.10/- and got a plate of that delicious dish. Slowly, I started eating and was happily enjoying the dish.  When I was half way through, a child came to me and said, "Good evening ma'am!" I said good evening and I invited her to taste the mix masala dish. She said, "Ma'am, you are eating this open food. In our science class you said that children should not eat food items which are kept in the open air."


After saying that, the child moved away as her parents called her. I was left standing there, shocked, with the spoon in my mouth, thinking whether to choke myself or not!

3 comments:

Blog Admin said...

It's really difficult to be a teacher. We have to practise what we teach at all times and in all places. :)

Sachin P said...

really challenging profession! :)

Nikita Nayar said...

"Students on the watch" hahahahaha