Friday, January 21, 2011

Are you from another planet?


Yesterday, when I was walking back home after school, I felt like catching an auto so that I could reach home faster. An autowala smiled at me and showed that he was available to take me.
When I sat in the auto, slowly he started asking, “Are you a student or teacher?”
I looked at him through the front mirror and replied that I am a teacher. Then, he continued to say that I looked so young and no one would believe if I’d say that I am a teacher. He was praising me about my youth.
Soon, we reached the house and it was time for me to alight.
When I gave the money the expression on his face completely changed.
He asked, “Are you from another planet!? Don’t you know that the charges have increased?”
He demanded for Rs. 20/- instead of the usual fare of Rs. 15/-.
I said, ‘Yes, I am from Mars! I will give you only Rs. 15/-.'
He replied, “You are looking good and I thought you’d give me what I asked for.”
I asked, 'Who asked you to praise me?'
The argument continued.
Then, with much anger, he left.
I went back to Mars!

4 comments:

Blog Admin said...

Fr. John read Ms Lini's article. Then when he saw her at the hall way, he asked her, "Why didn't you give the Rs.20? Ms. Lini was confused. She didn't know that Fr. John read her entry.

"I read what you wrote in the blog," Fr. John said. Then, Ms. Lini had to explain to him why.

At least, the blog can strike small conversations between busy people. That is a good sign!

Anjana Soman said...

Three cheers for ma'am coz the max the autowala can ask is 17 rupees!!!
jago grahak jago :D

Ms. Sheela Varghese said...

Kudos Lini!!!!.You certainly proved that it is indeed a women's world.I can't help humming..... Lini ki jawani........oops!!. Atta girl!!!....way to go.

Sri said...

Good one Lini