Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Experience


MY EXPERIENCE

written by : MILIYA HARISH 


"Compassion is the capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside                                   somebody else's skin.''
           The complete life, the perfect pattern, includes old age as well as youth and maturity.
           Old age has its pleasures, which, though different, are not less than the pleasures of youth. This is something that I realized when I visited an old age home. Before this, I had never been to an old age home. So, I was wondering what it would be like. Would the people present there be happy to see us and what would be the topic of our conversation? And as soon as we reached there, I got all my answers.

     The inmates were very hospitable and friendly, and they welcomed us with their beautiful smiles. To break the monotony of their lives, we presented a few songs and a dance for them. We also made them sing and dance along with us. We talked to them... Heard stories from them, and even heard there problems... Hearing this some of us broke into tears and no matter how much I tried to put away emotion I felt I couldn't... The strongest emotion I felt was sadness and the urge to cry was so inevitable that I felt helplessness.....
           We were able to make out that they were very happy to have us there. I was in tears when I found out how these lovely people were abandoned by their children& why. Thinking about the humiliation, the sadness they might have felt when they were sent here by their own children because they found their parents as a burden????
         That is a shame and that makes me angry and sad because they had just left their parents some people who they don’t even know ...who would want that?...To be thought as burden and being left behind &With the passage of time by their own children,, for who they lived for..I don’t think so And I realized that these people still loved their children...Who just left them... it is time for love and care , to be near and dear but in their case if we see the certitude in this  they are they don’t have any dear ones..........

       Though we spent only a few hours with them, they made me realize the value of my grandparents and my parents and the tenderness with which they have been taking care and loving me and how I should really be the one taking care of them. And maybe even pamper them little on their birthdays and anniversary...        My love for my family, particularly my grandparents, has grown stronger and deeper now... And I dearly wish that you too will realize that more than money and luxuries what we all need is a shoulder to lean on ...where our value is never marked on money... Where parents are not a burden but are the ones who took care of us when we were small. Who loved u no matter what we did....
Never to regard any one as your obligation because you'll only end up disliking them.
                                                       THANK YOU!!!!


No comments: