Saturday, November 26, 2011

Let's bring the CLUBS back!!

Here's a shout-out to all our Devagirians out here on the blog.

As part of the whole Creative You franchise I'd paraded around during the elections, we've decided to bring the Clubs back. That's right - the social, the science, the theatre, the skating, the basketball, the dance, the social service, the sketching, the compering, the vocal, the Blah Blah - Every single one of those clubs are on the path to making their entrance back into Devagiri. Till about two years ago, we had all these clubs and seems to us that they did a pretty good job at doing SOMETHING to bring the Creative You out into the open.
I know it's really late into the year, we're almost approaching the end of the second term, and I apologize for the delay folks - but I'm confident this can be pulled off even now. There are a lot of events coming up where each club will get to portray itself, and right now is the time for you to respond to the idea. Want them back? Want to be part of a crazy group of people who are fanatics just like you? :D I'll be waiting for you in the Comments Section folks.

9 comments:

Amita Govindraj said...

How we're going to find time for these? Kids come by school bus, sit in class, go back home in school bus.
Where would we put the club meetings? Teachers have to complete portions. Enforce the basics.

Good luck with it. I'm gonna check here every now and then and see how far this is going to go. I'm sure your fans will be dying to form these clubs.

(Also, I want to post, but I can't get a good pic for it. Post anyway?)

Anjana Soman said...

Gah!! I see the time constraint but uptil 10th grade, trust me it's not hard to maintain the balance between academics and CCA. And the club meetings will be posted mostly during CCA periods and saturdays. Sure, you're probably going to have to give up a few saturday-fun-tasks for the club, but the whole reason you'll be in the club is because you want to spend time doing something you LOVE! And if we're toooooooo far into the term, we can just head it off and pray it kicks off in the beginning of the new year.

P.S. Post anyway :D

Amita Govindraj said...

Also Also.

We've got work in most of the CCAs. We have saturday class. But I guess that's just 10th and maybe ninth.

Well anyway. The kids are going to go crazy over this.
Also also also. CMI and stuff are coming up, so we'll only be able to do it from Jan onwards.

Blog Admin said...

Students are already engaged in these "clubs" informally. Those kids who are the prime movers in activities such as science or maths exhibitions, or those who who take a major role in minor activities that make a difference, e.g. creative postings on bulletin boards, are already in a "club" of sort. What you can do is to find out who these prime movers are and get them recognised as a club. To make it formal, let them elect the leader and the assitant leader.

Maths projects are presently being displayed and I saw a few kids who were working on this more than the others. Their efforts can be appreciated by formally acknowledging them as the leaders/members of the maths club.

It's too late if you have to choose people for these clubs. But if you tap those who are already involved, then it wouldn't be a problem.

Blog Admin said...

A new club is functioning informally: DCMIPS Blogger's Club. :) If this will be formally recogised, surely, I'll nominate Amita as leader of the club. :) She has been helping me with the blog as co-administrator. :)

So, Amita, let's get organised??? lol

Blog Admin said...

Sorry, it should be DCMIPS Bloggers' Club.

Amita Govindraj said...

I don't like talking to people much IRL, but yes. I'd love to!

The HTML we learned in eighth really helps me with troubleshooting it. (Thanks Annie ma'am!). By going into the HTML view, I could find the problems, like an equator-long link, and a highlighting element. (Yes, I fixed it)

Er, what's first?

Blog Admin said...

I want to know what Anjana plans to do regarding the clubs. We wait for her to respond...

Nikita Nayar said...

cud u explain.....